Ansible is an open-source software provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment tool widely used to automate apps and IT infrastructure. This 12-hour hands-on workshop aims to provide practical understanding on how to use Ansible with respect to automation, configuration management, provisioning and deploying of modern applications.
Who should attend
This workshop has been designed for anyone interested in using Ansible as an automation tool and this usually includes professionals in areas such as: DevOps engineers, SREs, operations engineers, systems engineers, release engineers, system administrators, developers, operations staff, network engineers, security professionals and any IT professional interested in IT automation
Participants will particularly benefit from this workshop if the following prerequisites are satisfied:
- Familiarity with CLI
- SSH client installed (PuTTY, OpenSSH etc)
- Basic System Administration skills, e.g. how to install packages with yum or apt-get, is desirable but optional
What will you learn
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Ansible
- Building infrastructure with Vagrant for testing
- Inventory file for multiple servers
- Configuring group of servers or individual servers
- Managing users and groups
- Managing packages
- Managing files and directories
- Paramiko or ssh?
- Simple playbooks
- Roles (tasks)
- Dynamic inventories
Next virtual session has been scheduled for 5-6-7 October 2021 9:30am – 1:30pm EEST.