Architecting on AWS course will provide participants with best practices for architecting scalable, secure, and highly available IT solutions, by using the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
As architectural solutions differ depending on industry, types of applications and business size, this 24-hour instructor-led course will guide learners through the process of designing optimal IT solutions, based on real-life scenarios. Precisely, the focus of the course will be on account security, networking, compute, storage, databases, monitoring, automation, containers, serverless architecture, edge services, and backup and recovery.
The Architecting on AWS course is practical and is based on use cases, group discussions, demonstrations, assessments, and hands-on labs. Moreover, participants are provided with lab environments where they can build their own solutions on given scenarios.
This course prepares learners for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam (SAA-C03).
Who should attend
The target audience for the Architecting on AWS course are professionals including solutions architects, solution-design engineers, developers seeking an understanding of AWS architecting and individuals seeking the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate certification.
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- working knowledge of distributed systems and multi-tier architectures
- familiarity with general networking concepts, IP addressing and cloud computing concepts
What will you learn
During this course participants will explore, among others, the following topics:
- AWS architecting basic practices
- the AWS management tools: The AWS Console, Command Line Interface (CLI), and CloudFormation in a lab environment
- the elements that build an elastic, secure, virtual network that includes private and public subnets
- how to build AWS core networking infrastructure
- strategies to select the appropriate compute resources based on business use-cases
- AWS storage products and services, and compare them based on business scenarios
- The different types of AWS database services, and compare them based on business needs
- the role of monitoring, event driven load balancing, and auto scaling responses, based on usage and needs
- AWS automation tools that will help you build, maintain, and evolve your infrastructure
- hybrid networking configurations to extend and secure your infrastructure
- AWS backup, recovery solutions, and best practices to ensure resiliency and business continuity
The course outline is as follows:
- Architecting Fundamentals Review
- Account Security
- Networking, Part 1
- Database Services
- Monitoring and Scaling
- Networking Part 2
- Serverless Architecture
- Edge Services
- Backup and Recovery
- Build an AWS Multi-Tier Architecture
Successfully passing (minimum passing score is 720 in a scaled score of 100–1,000) the 130-minute examination, consisting of 65 multiple-choice or multiple-response questions, leads to the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate