This is a 24-hour hands-on course that will help participants become familiar with Single Page Applications through Angular in a .net environment. Participants will be able to create an app from scratch, add views, authenticate users and send their app to production.
In addition, they will learn how to create a REST API using Microsoft’s .NET Core, a popular open-source framework that is widely used by large organizations and startup companies.
In the end, participants will combine these two technologies in order to create a lightweight, fast and secure application according to modern best practices.
Who should attend
This hands-on course has been designed for:
- Developers that want to add Angular and .NET Core under their belts.
- Developers that want to move to a full-stack role by gaining practical experience on a software development technology stack that several large organizations use.
What will you learn
This hands-on course will allow participants build a strong understanding in:
- Designing and building a RESTful Web API with .NET Core
- Building an Angular app from scratch
- Securing the application
- Using Design Patterns for best code quality
- Testing code for maximum code reliability, and finally,
- Releasing the application to production
More specifically, during this 24-hour course, participants will dive deep into the following areas:
- ASP.net core Web API
- What is REST
- Creating a RESTful API over HTTP
- Methods (GET, POST etc.)
- User Authentication & Authorization
- Resource paths
- CRUD actions (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Commands through the API
- Long running actions
- Error handling
- OpenAPI specification and Swagger
- API Versioning
- TypeScript introduction
- Modules and Components
- Communication between Components
- Data manipulation with Pipes
- Services and Dependency Injection
- Routing and Navigation
- Communication over HTTP
- Observables, promises
- User Authentication
- Unit & Integration tests
- Hosting and releasing for production