This 1-day course provides knowledge and skills to implement one of the DevOps practices, that of Continuous Deployment.
The course will provide strong knowledge of release management, build infrastructure, deployment strategies and tools.
Who should attend
The course is intended for IT Professionals interested in crossing over into development territory, towards the goal of establishing a DevOps culture.
It’s also intended for Developers or DevOps people who want to learn more about the deployment processes of DevOps in order to extend upon Agile processes for rapid delivery.
- Unix fluency
- Java basics
What will you learn
The course will cover the following topics:
- Definitive Software Library (Artifactory, nexus)
- Git branching strategies
- Release Notes Automation
- Brief Gradle and Nexus discussion
Deployment Strategies/ Deployment Tools
- Different configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Cfengine
- Orchestration tools like Ansible and terraform
- Explain why and how CM tools are better for use in traditional systems and how orchestration tools are better for docker environments.
- Focus on ansible and docker envs since they are easier to train people on.
- Talk about build promotion strategies (mentions in nexus pro, built in).
Next 1-day course has been scheduled for 7 December 2018 10am – 6pm.
The course is taking place in Agile Actors #learning premises, 62A Ethnikis Antistasis, Chalandri, Greece