Working with remote or distributed teams can be challenging. Distance and time differences make it more difficult to work together and to collaboratively improve the way of working.
While remote or distributed teams can certainly have advantages over co-located teams, their benefits can only be reached if teams know how to find effective ways to collaborate and communicate and become able to improve continuously.
Some of the main challenges that remote or distributed teams have are:
- Establishing ongoing communication between team members
- Coordinating and synchronize the work that needs to be done
- Changing the way the work is done while keeping alignment between different locations where the work is done
- Dealing with cultural differences and establishing trust between team members
These challenges along with relevant best practices will be discussed during this hands-on workshop.
Who should attend
This 8-hour workshop is intended for:
- Agile coaches and change agents,
- Team members of remote/distributed teams,
- Team, product or project managers,
- (Senior) managers,
- Anybody involved in remote collaboration.
What will you learn
This 8-hour virtual workshop helps teams explore the way that they are collaborating and communicating and to find ways to improve and become more effective as a remote or distributed team.
In the hands-on workshop, participants will learn to:
- Define shared goals, values and principles to work together in an effective way
- Establish a culture where people respect and trust each other and are open and honest
- Manage the balance between dependency and autonomy of team members at different locations
- How to do agile self-assessments and remote retrospectives to reflect on the way of working
- Define and execute actions to improve collaboration and communication
- Improve using tools for collaboration and communications
About the Instructor
Ben Linders is an Independent Consultant in Agile, Lean, Quality, and Continuous Improvement. Author of Getting Value out of Agile Retrospectives, Waardevolle Agile Retrospectives, What Drives Quality, The Agile Self-assessment Game, Problem? What Problem?, and Continuous Improvement. Creator of many Agile Coaching Tools, for example, the Agile Self-assessment Game.
Ben is a well-known speaker and author; he’s much respected for sharing his experiences and helping others share theirs. His books and games have been translated into more than 12 languages and are used by professionals in teams and organizations all around the world.
As an adviser, trainer, and coach, he helps organizations with effectively deploying software development and management practices. He focuses on continuous improvement, collaboration and communication, and professional development, to deliver business value to customers.
Next virtual session has been scheduled for 16-17 February 2021 10:00am – 2:00pm EET.