A complete course for Kubernetes, the industry standard for deploying, scaling and managing containers in production which has one of the largest open source communities.
The course includes an introduction to Docker which is the most known container technology.
Who should attend
- System Administrators
- Power Developers
- Basic linux shell usage
- As far as it concerns the software requirements, you should :
- Install Git for Windows, in case of Windows. We will need it mainly as an ssh terminal. If you feel more comfortable with other ssh terminals already installed then please ignore this step.
- In the case of Linux or MacOS the default terminal will be fine.
- Install kubectl following the instructions in this page.
- Please also install helm following the instructions in this page
What will you learn
You will learn:
- what is a Docker container
- how to build Docker images
- how to manage Docker containers
- how to run multi-container Docker applications with Docker Compose
- how to run a Kubernetes cluster locally inside a VM on your laptop using Minikube
- the kubernetes architecture
- how to use all its major components
- how to interact with it by using its command line tool called “kubectl” and its web user interface
- how to use its package manager called “helm”
- how to deploy scalable and highly available wordpress in kubernetes
Next virtual 12-hour session has been scheduled for 12-13-14 April 2021 6:00pm – 10:00pm EEST.