Modern web applications should be designed and developed to be accessible by anyone. This 1-hour free webinar will be a solid introduction into the topic of Accessibility. More specifically, the following topics will be covered:
- Where do I start?
- What does accessibility and inclusion mean?
- Things that you need to know, including legal requirements, current standards and what happens if your products aren’t accessible
- Breaking the ground – Getting a sense of where you are now (reality check)
- Essential activities for Accessibility and Inclusion
- Knowing that you’ve got things right
Grant Broome will run a 6-hour virtual workshop titled Introduction to Web Accessibility and Digital Inclusion on 22 & 23 April 2021.
About the instructor
Grant Broome is a web accessibility specialist with over a decade of experience consulting with agencies on how to make their online content accessible to people with disabilities. He has audited hundreds of websites and provides a variety of training courses. Key areas of interest:
- Web accessibility auditing to WCAG and Section 508 (US) conformance
- Web accessibility training
- Consultancy and project management
- Organisational and product policy development
Grant has specialised for over a decade in research, testing and policy, designed to help organisations make sure that their digital web content is accessible. He provides a variety of web accessibility training courses designed to meet the needs of a wide range of organisations in the UK and US. He has audited hundreds of websites and understands the challenges faced by organisations who want to provide highly engaging and inclusive interfaces. Grant has worked with numerous disability charities and has a deep understanding of the needs for disabled web users.
The free 1-hour webinar has been scheduled for 8 April 2021 6:00pm – 7:00pm (EEST). The webinar will be recorded so that it can be made available for download from our website.