Getting Started with Selenium is an introductory course designed to teach participants the fundamentals of Selenium, a popular and powerful tool for automating web applications. The course is aimed at individuals who want to learn how to automate web testing and streamline repetitive tasks in web development and quality assurance. In particular, the main topics that will be covered are:
- Tools overview
- Project Layout
- Basic usage
- Location strategies
- Actions (keyboard, mouse, user gestures)
- Browser features
- Shadow DOM
- Tabs and Windows
- Event listeners
- ChromeDevTools Protocol features
- Remote execution
- Basic usage
- Selenium Grid Overview
- Parallel test execution
- Simplifying Selenium with tools from the WebDriver ecosystem
Who should attend
This workshop is ideal for:
- Selenium automation testers and developers looking to upgrade their skills to Selenium 4.
- Quality assurance professionals interested in leveraging the latest features for more robust web testing.
- Java developers seeking to enhance their web automation capabilities with Selenium 4.
What will you learn
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- In-depth knowledge of the new features and enhancements in Selenium 4.
- Practical implementation of Selenium 4 features for more efficient and robust web automation.
- Skills to leverage advanced Selenium 4 capabilities in their web testing projects, including locator strategies, WebDriver features, ChromeDevTools Protocol features, remote execution, and more.
- Laptop with Java 11, Maven or Gradle, and a modern IDE (IntelliJ Idea is preferred)
- A GitHub and a GitPod account.
About the instructor
Diego Molina, Staff Software Engineer, OSPO Lead, Tech Lead of Selenium
Diego is an avid Software Engineer with a deep love for testing. He aims to improve the testing landscape by crafting tools and robust testing infrastructure that empower individuals and organizations to test more intelligently and simply. Diego is a Selenium tech lead and lead of the Open Source Program Office at Sauce Labs. He is a Staff Software Engineer for Open Source and Community at Sauce Labs.
The course will be held at the offices of Allwyn Lottery Solutions: Kifisias Avenue, & Gyzi 18, Marousi 151 25