The Jira Administration Part 1 course will help participants learn how to set up a new Atlassian cloud site and administer Jira Cloud products with a number of hands-on exercises and practical examples.
During this course, learners will acquire a solid introduction to site user management and product access as well as the following areas of Jira administration:
- global and project permissions,
- project roles,
- configuration of issue types, workflows, and screens.
Participants will work on the configuration of both classic and next-gen projects. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist attendees in understanding site and Jira administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.
Who should attend
Have you just been assigned to the Jira Administrator role? Do you act as a Jira administrator already but you want to know what more you can do to help your team? Do you know the basics of Jira and how users can work with Jira? Then this course is for you!
With the help of our instructor, participants will develop their Jira Administration skills using best practices and real-world scenarios!
The Jira Administration Part 1 course has been particularly designed for anyone new into Jira Cloud administration looking for best practices and examples on how to administer Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core.
This course has been designed to help professionals in administering Jira cloud applications. Professionals with the following characteristics will be able to make the most of it:
- Jira Essentials or equivalent experience using Jira; you should have a basic understanding of projects, issues, issue types, and workflow
- You should know the basics of using the Jira applications you have: Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core
What will you learn
After attending this course, participants should be able to:
- Configure site settings
- Set up users and groups
- Configure global permissions
- Create and configure projects
- Create issue types
- Update workflows
- Edit fields and screens
- Configure project permissions and roles
- Control access to your products
The course topics include:
- Configuring Jira
- Site management
- Access management
- User and group management
- Configuring global permissions
- Project creation and configuration
- Project permissions and roles
- Introduction to issue types, workflows, fields and screens
- Introduction to schemes
Atlassian University Certificate of Completion will be provided.
Next virtual session has been scheduled for 5-6 July 2021 9:30am – 2:00pm EEST.