This course follows on from the Jira Administration Part 1 course. The course goes deeper into the administration tasks covered in Part 1, focusing extensively on Jira Software. During this course, participants will explore more complex schemes, more workflow configuration, as well as board and sprint permissions for classic projects.
The course is structured around a case study where an organization creates a set of configurations and schemes to apply to new and in progress classic projects. Real world examples and best practices are emphasized and differences are discussed.
Who should attend
Have you just been assigned to the Jira Administrator role? Do you act as a Jira administrator already but you want to know what more you can do to help your team? Do you know the basics of Jira and how users can work with Jira? Then this course is for you!
With the help of our instructor, participants will develop their critical-thinking skills regarding business needs and learn how they will map these into Jira configuration! Ready to become Jira administrator superhero?
This course has been designed to help professionals in administering Jira cloud applications. Professionals with the following characteristics will be able to make the most of it:
- Jira Essentials or Jira Essentials with Agile Mindset
- Jira Administration Part 1 (Cloud)
- You should know the basics of using the Jira applications: Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core
What will you learn
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Ask stakeholders the right questions to extract the business requirements
- Map business requirements to Jira configurations
- Create issue types, fields, and screens to make it easy for your teams to get their work done
- Create and customize workflows to match how your teams work
- Configure who can manage sprints and administer boards
- Create a set of standard schemes and configurations to use for new and existing projects
- Establish Jira administration best practices
- Be a Jira Superhero!
Course topics include:
- Mapping business requirements into Jira
- Configuring issue types, fields, screens and their associated schemes
- Creating new workflows
- Configuring board and sprint permissions
- Applying configurations to new and existing projects
Atlassian University Certificate of Completion will be provided.
Next virtual session has been scheduled for 1-2 April 2021 9:30am – 2:00pm EEST.