Overview & Scope
This intensive program aspires to offer the learning path that will lead STEM graduates and junior software developers to a transition in the IT job market and to a successful IT career in Greece and abroad.
More specifically the program prepares participants to enter the IT industry as Junior Software Engineers.
This hands-on 341 hours program (133 hours in class & 208 hours online material) consists of a series of technical and non-technical courses delivered through a combination of in-class lectures, hands-on work, labs and online tutorials.
Participation in the program offers a solid framework of theoretical and applicable knowledge that will enable participants to:
- Understand the full software development life-cycle.
- Gain the necessary programming skills and experience in both back-end and front-end development frameworks as Junior Software Engineers
- Understand the tools and methodologies used in real software development environments
- Gain the required soft skills to work for a top notch software development company
- Get ready to be interviewed for a Junior Software Engineer position
- Develop contemporary skills, competencies and behaviors that will assist them to build meaningful careers
The program is co-created by ALBA Executive Development, Learning Actors and Agile Actors
Content & Flow
Through a blend of hand-on sessions, collaborative workshops and projects and organized self and team study in an immersive learning environment, the program unfolds around the following themes:
Introduction to Computer Science
The module aims at providing participants with the necessary skills to understand basic CS theory.
Learners will acquaint themselves with the theoretical background necessary to understand and work as Software Engineers.
- Introduction to Networks
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Computer & Systems Architecture
*This program in order to introduce them to Computer Science is a prerequisite for non IT graduates.
Back-end applications are very important in all modern software systems. From an e-banking application to an online store, back-end applications are responsible for implementing the business logic of the application and handling the majority of the load and processing needs. Independently of the technology stack selected (Java in this module), learners will attend a series of lectures and hand-on examples and projects to strengthen their knowledge in building such applications and their interaction with modern databases. The Java courses for this module include:
- Object Orientation concepts
- Java Fundamentals
- Advanced Inheritance
- Java Data Structures
- Algorithms in Java
- Design Patterns & Functional Programming Concepts
- Exception Handling
- Concurrency & Threads
- Intro to Functional Programming Concepts
This module aims at providing participants with the necessary skills to build reactive web applications. Modern web applications need to be responsive to user interaction and built to show optimally in all channels (desktop, tablet, mobile).
Participants will attend lectures with hands-on examples and projects that will provide practical understanding on the ingredients of such applications and how they work ‘under-the-hood’. The module courses include the following major languages and frameworks:
Software Development Methodologies & Tools Module
Learning the technologies to build a modern software application is only one part of a Software Engineer’s job. This module aims to provide participants understanding of the necessary tools that complement and support a Software Engineer’s daily tasks. This module will include courses such as:
- Versioning with Git
- Project tracking Tools
- Agile & Scrum
- Communication tools
- Software development life cycle
Soft Skills Development Module
Through a blend of interactive sessions, seminars and workshops, offered by ALBA Executive Education, participants will have the opportunity to develop a contemporary mindset and skillset that will assist them to effectively lead themselves, their work and their career, in the era of Digital Transformation.
Discovering Competencies for the Digital Era Workshop
The Competencies for The Digital Era Workshop will unfold around an interactive board game. The workshop aims at assisting participants to explore, discover and reflect the mindset and behavioral skillset that are vital for the Digital Era. Through a blend of theory, gamification and action based learning, participants will have the opportunity to understand the value of agility, adaptability, teamwork, resilience, risk taking, agile learning and customer empathy and to learn how to develop these competencies. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will have had the opportunity to expand beyond their “behavioral comfort zones”, to understand, discuss and reflect on ways to develop their self – leadership and leadership skills and to receive further readings and learning material.
This seminar will examine the role of emotions at the workplace and the processes by which people can identify and manage their emotions constructively. The focus will be on the development of emotional intelligence competencies such as self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management for effective leadership. The seminar will heavily rely on experiential learning and will unfold around the following teams.
- Identifying emotions and their impact on everyday work activities and relations
- Theories of Emotional Intelligence – Self-awareness: Values, finding your real self and focusing on personal growth
- Empathy: The art of listening
- Social awareness and social skills
Positive Psychology is the fastest growing scientific discipline not only within Psychology but in most scientific disciplines, such as social sciences, humanities, education, management, medicine and philosophy. Research findings indicate that positivity is causally related to physical and psychological health, learning, innovation, creativity, work and psychological resilience. The seminar outlines the main concepts, models and application of Positive Psychology in the work environment. The main axes are:
- Understanding and explaining the concepts and benefits of positivity.
- Developing and implementing positive psychological strategies.
- Understanding the mechanism underlying the beneficial effects of positivity.
- Exploring several strategies for increasing positivity.
- Have the ‘know-how’ for applying such strategies in the domains of personal and professional life.
- Discovering our strengths
- Developing optimism and resilience
Who should attend: STEM Graduates and Junior Software Engineers
- Recent graduates of Computer science or Engineering schools who need to gain required knowledge and skills to enter the IT market
- Junior Software Engineers who would like to accelerate their progress in software development
- School of Science Graduates (Mathematicians, Chemists, Physicists, etc) who aspire a successful career in Software Development
The Software Development Modules will be taught by the instructor team of Learning Actors, a group of experienced tech professional.
The Soft skills Development modules will be taught by ALBA core faculty and visiting faculty.
To request more information please contact
Ms Niki Peristeri
Course Administrator. Agile Actors
Tel: +30 214 6873500
To get in touch with ALBA Executive Department please use the below information
Ms Marianthi Karaiosifoglou
Senior Manager, Executive Development
Tel.: +30 210 89.64.531-8-2213
We would be pleased to address any enquiry you might have and to assist you in any way we can.