The Kanban Systems Design [KMP1] is an interactive 2-day course, teaching you the principles and practices of the Kanban method and showing you how to adopt them in an evolutionary manner in your organization while respecting your context.
Following a systemic approach and through creative and insightful ways you will visualise your existing processes, see the services, bottlenecks, waste, shape your own Kanban System and identify the next improvements to make. During the course you’ll understand how Kanban fits within the Agile context you might be in and how complements your existing ways of working.
Leaving the course, you’ll have practical insights from where to start implementing or improving Kanban in your context aiming to reach business agility.
This course is certified by the Kanban University and has been put together by Lean Kanban experts and leaders including David J. Anderson and Mike Burrows.
Who should attend
Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to improve their product and service delivery systems to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
- Senior Managers,
- Programme and Project Managers,
- Product Managers,
- Product Owners and Business Analysts,
- Scrum Masters,
- Team Leads and Change Agents,
- Product & Software Developers & Testers,
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners ,
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
Attendees are suggested to have read “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J Anderson, or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows.
Attendees are also expected to have read the eBook “Essential Kanban Condensed” by David J Anderson and Andy Carmichael, which is free and publicly available on the LKU website.
What will you learn
- What is Kanban. Understand its roots, the principles and the practices.
- How to visualise work, identifying dysfunctions and issues.
- Balancing demand and capacity.
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- Adopting a service oriented mindset.
- Using metrics and charts to improve process and delivery
- Selecting what to start, what to postpone and what to drop. Managing risk.
- Identifying Classes of Services and defining Service Level Agreements
- Starting with Kanban: STATIK
- Kanban at different scale: at team level, multiple teams, multiple projects, etc.
The course follows the official KU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days you will have many opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
Experience Kanban through an interactive simulation based on getkanban game
Definition of Kanban:
- Foundational Principles & Core Practices of the Kanban Method
- Kanban Values
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Little’s Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- STATIK – Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analysing Demand and Capability
- Modelling Workflow
- Designing a Kanban System
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
Kanban Board Design
Designing Kanban Ticket
Examples of Visual Kanban Boards
Participants will receive a KMP1 certificate of course completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
This course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
Scrum Alliance: 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).
Participants will receive
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- Free 30-day trial of the Swift Kanban Enterprise Software
- Eligibility to attend the KMP II class, which results in the designation of Certified Kanban Management Professional, an industry recognized accreditation from LKU
Next virtual session will be on 19-20-21-22 October 2020, 4:00pm – 8:00pm EEST
|19/10/2020||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|20/10/2020||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|21/10/2020||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|22/10/2020||4:00 PM – 8:00 PM|