The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative – focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary – communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter – focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer – communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator – seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker – focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
Who should attend
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises.
What will you learn
This 2-day Professional Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. It is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities. During the course, participants will cover the following topics:
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced course receive a password to take the PSPO II assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSPO III assessment.
About the instructor
Ralph Jocham is founder of effective agile. an agile consulting company. He works there globally as an agile change agent helping customers of various business domains to improve their productivity, quality and throughput by using agile practices. Currently, Ralph’s main focus is targeted towards enabling management to understand agile and see how Scrum will benefit them in their given context.
Ralph co-designed the Professional Scrum Developer (Java) course and is Europe’s first Professional Scrum Master Trainer for Scrum.org since 2010.
The book The Professional Scrum Product Owner was written by Ralph Jocham and Don McGreal.
Ralph has over 20 years of global (DE, UK, USA, CH) development experience in various technologies and blue chip business domains. Ralph believes that state of the art development practices and a clear business value focus are crucial for the ROI.
Before founding effective agile. he worked for Zühlke in Switzerland, ThoughtWorks in San Francisco, USA and Oracle in the UK.
You can read more about Ralph Jocham at www.effectiveagile.com.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org. Find instructions here.
Next virtual 2-day session has been scheduled for 30/11/-1-2-3/12/2020 10.00am – 1.30pm EET
|30/11/2020||10:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
|1/12/2020||10:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
|2/12/2020||10:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
|3/12/2020||10:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
Other upcoming sessions:
|25-26/02/2021||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EET)||In Class|
|10-11/06/2021||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EEST)||In Class|
|10-11/11/2021||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EET)||In Class|