Products, technologies, and workplaces change so quickly today that everyone is continually learning. Many of us are also teaching!
Whether it’s giving a presentation, writing documentation, or creating and delivering classroom training, we need and want to share our knowledge with other people.
But if you’ve ever fallen asleep over a boring content-dumping training, or fast-forwarded through a tedious webinar, you know that creating a great learning experience is harder than it seems.
In this virtual 8-hour lab:
- We will work on answering “When I train, are people learning?” and ”What makes people apply what they learn during training?”.
- We, will also discover how top facilitators always put learners first, even when faced with exceptions to the rule—the unwilling learner, the uninformed supervisor, or the unmanageable performance challenge.
- Most importantly, we will learn why we must understand people, not only content, to consistently ensure exceptional learning experiences.
Who should attend
The course is for full-time or part-time trainers, subject matter experts, supervisors, managers, and anyone who is required to provide professional training in a classroom, on a virtual platform, or on-the-job setting.
If you hope to become a trainer, this course is a great starting place. With these firm foundations, you may proceed to more advanced trainer courses and train the trainer qualifications.
What will you learn
Here are the skills you will acquire:
- LX Classroom Design: How to use the science of learning to design training/workshops that deliver results.
- LX Classroom Delivery: How to set up and deliver a training/workshop that creates learner engagement and involvement right from the outset. How the language we use and the way we ask questions can help or hinder interaction. Also, how to build interactivity and conversation to maintain participation and create true learning transfer.
- Team Building
- Training Design
- Presentation Skills
- Group Dynamics
- Classroom Leadership