Implementing a Complete CI/CD Pipeline
This 8-hour course provides knowledge and skills to implement one of the DevOps practices, that of Continuous Deployment.
The course will provide strong knowledge of release management, build infrastructure, deployment strategies and tools. At the end of the course you will know exactly how each technology, methodology and practice interacts with each other through a real world example
The course will cover the following topics:
- Definitive Software Library (Artifactory, nexus)
- Git branching strategies
- Release definition in the Agile world
- Jenkins Pipelines
Deployment Strategies/ Deployment Tools
- Different configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Cfengine
- Ansible as an orchestration tool
- Explain why and how CM tools are better for use in traditional systems and how orchestration tools are better for docker environments.
- Focus on ansible and docker envs since they are easier to train people on.
- Talk about build promotion strategies (mentions in nexus pro, built in).